Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pan Fried Fish

I didn't invent this, but it one of my favorite ways to cook fish, especially if I'm just cooking a little. This works especially well with redfish and black drum, but it will work with any fish.

Make a mixture of one half corn flour and on half corn meal. I keep some of this in a one gallon ziplock in the fridge. The "Fish Fry" that you buy is nothing but corn flour. You can buy tortilla flour for much cheaper, that's what is - corn flour. Add spices to taste, I use some Lemon Pepper, some salt free cajun seasoning, and some fresh ground black pepper.

No need to dredge the fish fillets with milk and egg, I prefer just water. But you can dredge if you want.

Put some olive oil in a fry pan and heat it till it's almost smoking. A quarter inch deep or so will do. Fry the fish fillets until golden brown on both sides, which only takes a couple of minutes. Let them cool on paper towels to soak up the oil and serve. A squeeze of lemon and a bit of whatever you like on fish is fine, but not needed. I like catsup mixed half and half with hot sauce, but that's just cause I've been living down here so long...

No comments:

Post a Comment